Introducing Survey Layouts
So far, we restricted you to create surveys in just one UI template. Not anymore! Pretty much like our hot selling Notifications (check out the corresponding layout options) , we have introduced the concept of layouts in surveys. Listed below are the currently available layout options and their corresponding use-cases. We’ll be adding new layouts (layouts optimized for mobile sites, specific layouts for certain pre-defined actions like newsletter sign-up etc) for you to choose from, on an ongoing basis.
The “create a survey” task now asks you to choose a layout to begin with
Want to seek user inputs proactively? When a user is ON your website? In real-time? Based on clickstream data or user behavior? Want to analyze the data collected to minutest details? Pick this layout, its a no-brainer!
Use our on-site surveys to collect insights that only real users can give you!
On-site classic surveys for collecting leads in critical areas of your product workflow (search page etc)
We are helping over 19K businesses take decisions based on data. Everyday.
On-site surveys to find NPS or CSAT scores – we got it all covered
Understand your users beyond GA. Get real insights powered by real users
Want your users to download stuff from your site? But not without telling you who they are? Go, play!
Planning to launch/improve your beta product? No idea how to prioritize? Here’s how 19K sites do it!
Curious when/what to use this layout for? We picked up the top 5 use-cases that our 19K customers use us for:
- Customer satisfaction surveys post purchase – the kind of insights your marketing and product teams can gather from customers making a purchase is amazing. Here’s an example. Our customer satisfaction surveys on order-confirmation pages (for e-commerce companies) have an average response rate of more than 20%! Oh yes! Give it a try, you’d love it.
- On-site lead generation surveys – we have been on a mission to prove that the best source of generating inbound leads is your own website. Here’s an example. The best part is that these lead gen surveys can be configured based on multiple criterion – pages viewed, time spent on the site, geography of the visitor etc.
- Missing product surveys – on your search results page, or, your catalog page, you can pop a survey after, say, 30 seconds (time delay targeting, as we call it) which enables you to seek user feedback on whether the search results were up to mark or not. Here’s an example. There’s no better way of building a catalog that your users really want!
- Demographic surveys to profile your site visitors – when was the last time Google Analytics told you “who” your site visitors really are? No, they just cannot. The only way to find that out is to ask your users. Here’s an example. Imagine the kind of content personalization you can do, when you have this data!
- Measure your Net Promoter Score and seek instant feedback from pissed off users – oh, did you not know that we support NPS question type? Yes, we do. Here’s an example. With branching, you can now instantly seek feedback from users who are passives or detractors for your brand. Did we mention that this data (the survey responses) can be instantly pushed into your CRM/Email/Call/SMS pipeline using WebHooks? Yes!
How many times in the past did you wish to show a page blocking modal window to users on your website based on some condition? Did you intend to collect some user input there? Say hello to our on-site Modal survey layout!
On-site modal survey to drive newsletter sign-ups on the site
Reducing cart abandonment by collecting sales leads using Modal surveys
We have seen a lot of success with this layout for some specific use-cases. You need to use this layout with care because of the blocking nature of its UI. Underneath are the one’s we strongly recommend using it for:
- Reduce Cart Abandonment – as shown in the sample image above, you can per-configure page blocking modal surveys for users “about to leave” your cart page. We call this as Leave Intent Targeting which, in a nutshell, tracks mouse movement of users on your site. The moment a users cursor approaches the browser’s close button, that’s when this modal window triggers. We are an amazing alternative to the exit surveys of 2010 that used to open survey in a new window upon users closing the current tab! Give us a try.
- Engage With First Time Visitors – shouldn’t you do a bit more with users landing for the very first time on your site? Your developers tell you that its a lot of code to write? Well, no more. Use us, and proactively guide your first time visitors on the site – offer a discount code for sign-up or get them to subscribe to your newsletter. We have made conversions as easy as 1.2.3! Here’s an example.
- On-site Lead Generation – whether you run a consumer or a b2b business, we all love leads, especially when they are inbound and qualified. There are areas on your website wherein users would ONLY come when they have a certain amount of interest in your product(s). E.g. take a look at our pricing page. Here’s a live example (try moving to a different tab once the page loads). Would you be surprised to know that this survey is the biggest source of inbound leads for us? Talk about eating your own dogfood! 🙂
- Pounce On Bounce (reduce your bounce rate) – Google Analytics tells you that your site’s bounce rate is as high as 80%! Did you do anything about it? Given the fact that most of your traffic is paid (SEM et al), don’t you deserve to know a bit more than just that number? Show modal window to such audiences when they are about to bounce off your site. You can use our targeting engine to show those surveys ONLY to particular traffic segments. Here’s an example.
Want to email your users with a survey link asking them to fill up a market research or customer satisfaction survey? Want enterprise class analytics and reporting on that data? No need to monkey around with other tools, we have built one of the most sophisticated survey creation and analysis platforms. Don’t take our word for it, try it for yourself!
Sample off-site survey
Whether its collecting data for market research, or, measuring customer satisfaction, or, collecting employee satisfaction data as an HR practice – off-site classic surveys can do everything that you have been using surveys for. However, we need to tell you what’s unique and different about us:
- Logical Branching – do you want the survey to present a specific set of questions based on how the user responds to your questionnaire? Welcome to Logical Branching. Most survey tools will allow this (in some way or the other). We allow you to design your surveys in a manner that you can pretty much build any kind of logic into your questionnaire and lead the user to pre-defined set of questions (based on his/her responses). Oh wait, we also allow you to get rid of the common “Thank you for taking this survey” message that gets displayed to every respondent, and instead, let you display an appropriate destination page (“Thank You” page) based on responses to your questionnaire. Cool. Ain’t it? Here’s a complete how-to guide on how this feature was used to create an amazing Mobile Buying Guide for consumers – we told you, we are engagement re-defined! 🙂
- Custom Data – your customer just made a purchase on your site and you intend to send a survey in email seeking feedback. So far, so good. But you know what, to make sense of the survey responses, you need to ask a bunch of obvious questions too – what did you buy, when was the purchase done, what was the good priced as .. etc etc. Don’t you know the answers to these questions already? Then, why ask these questions and piss your users off just because a silly survey tool is unwilling to understand your enterprise data? Welcome to our custom data feature – you can pass any kind of data (
string, boolean, date, integer etc) encoded as parameters in the survey URL we generated for you. Yes, we ❤ Enterprises 🙂
- Advanced Reporting – our job doesn’t end at collecting responses and giving back a raw dump to you. Our survey reports are real-time and way more sophisticated than most other tools you’d have used thus far. When was the last time you could dice-n-slice your survey responses based on geo-location of respondents (yeah, geo-IP magic)? We go beyond plain vanilla charting and offer a web-based reporting section for each of your surveys. Moreover, you can schedule reports for each of your surveys and receive PDF/Excel format reports in your email at pre-defined frequency.
Hope you liked what you saw. Your comments/feedback will help us improve – let it come. In weeks to follow, we’ll be adding more layout options.
- Some of the layouts and features mentioned above are plan dependent. Please check out our pricing page for details.
- Leave Intent Targeting is only supported in Desktop browsers (IE7 & above, FF, Chrome, Safari all versions); support for mobile browsers will soon be available.