Ladies and gents, we present to you our second Notification layout – Sticky Header! Underneath is a sample of how it looks on your website:
We are listing down a few use-cases when you’d like to use this layout:
- When you’d like to show a persistent header message to all visitors on your website … something like “Hey, if you need any help please call on 1-800-xxxx ..“
- When you’d like to make an announcement for a couple of days .. “We have a 10% off on all diapers this week. Check it out!“; and here’s why you should use us – because you don’t need to make any code changes on your website at the end of the week, as campaign dates can be controlled from within your WebEngage dashboard. Did you say “oh, wow!”? Thanks
- When you’d like to greet users who log on to your website and throw specific promotions – “James, great to see you back. Claim your $20 coupon now!“. For more on such application specific use-cases, see custom targeting.
- When you’d like to train your users on the product – “Hey Joe, having trouble using the loan calculator? Check out our user guide“. The message can be targeted at users who end up spending a-lot-of-time on certain pages in your product’s workflow.
- When you’d like to prompt visitors on your blog/website to “subscribe to your newsletter“. The best part? – those who close the notification, won’t get to see it again. So, no more worrying about irritating your users with the same prompt over and over.
Rings a bell? Cool. We are sure that you can think of hundreds of such use-cases in context of your application. That’s precisely the reason why we have made it super simple to create a notification. You can get up and running in less than 5 mins. Here’s how:
Step 1: Create a Notification (Dashboard > Notification List > Create)
Step 2: Add message and call to action (see live preview)
Step 3: Additional options and themes
Step 4: Add rules to filter the audience which gets to see this notification (more on targeting here)
Step 5: Advanced options; activate and go live!
Step 6: Get real-time stats and reports
An interesting bit with this is latest feature is that we have designed layouts keeping third party developers in mind. The idea is to allow developers to make use of our infrastructure, API’s etc and build+distribute such layouts. More on this next month .. if this interests you, do keep a watch on our docs.
Liked what you saw? Let us know. In coming weeks, we’ll be rolling out all the other notification layouts. Existing customers can log on to their dashboard and start using this new feature; and, for the new ones …
Stay tuned. We love you!